[OpenAFS-devel] Source browser up on permanent server

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:19:28 -0500

On Thursday, January 18, 2007 02:30:39 AM -0500 Dale Ghent <daleg@umbc.edu>
wrote:

> http://openafs-src.elemental.org/source/
>
> Whoever controls the openafs.org dns zone can add a CNAME pointing to
> the above host if they'd like. I have my web server set up to listen  for
> src.openafs.org for that vhost, but if you want a different  hostname,
> let me know and I'll change my server config to what you  prefer.

We can do that, but you should add a redirect so that people who go to
http://src.openafs.org/ will actually get the same thing as /source/
instead of a blank page.

> I also just made it so that if in a CVS log entry for a file there
> exists a "FIXES <bug id>" line of text, it's made into a link with  takes
> you to the RT report filed for that bug.

Excellent.  You should add '&user=guest&pass=guest' to the query
parameters, so that people following the link get logged in automatically.

It would also be good to do the same thing for the DELTA lines, with a
pointer to the page for that delta.  For those, you can use a URL like
http://www.openafs.org/cgi-bin/wdelta/delta-name-here-YYYYMMDD

-- Jeff