[OpenAFS-devel] Was: [OpenAFS] set client to refuse byte-range locks?

Matt Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:18:04 -0500

The thought occurred to me as I was doing this.  Do you have anything in
mind?  The capabilities prototype (which I'm not sure has been reviewed
yet closely, either) could be said to overlap in its present form (eg,
you can ask it for "rxk5.enctypes", and figure there would be other
"rxk5.stuff", so you can search on a wildcard (eg, "rxk5.*"), and it
will send back lists of values.  Remember this started as your
suggestion of a pioctl to report the enctypes a cache manager supports.
But Marcus suggested we make it more general.  Right now it just reports
information, doesn't provide any framework for registering generic info
from userland (otoh, from inside the cache manager, you register your
named property with the capabilities interface).

Matt

--

Matt Benjamin

The Linux Box