[OpenAFS-devel] patch format?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:27:50 -0500

On Wednesday, January 31, 2007 02:30:39 PM +0100 Roland Kuhn
<rkuhn@e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:

> Okay, didn't know that one. Adding a -f solved the problem without
> editing the patch (the WINNT directory was missing). But alas, now it
> doesn't build... (something with INIT_WORK expecting 3 arguments and
> getting only 2). I suspect that I'll simply wait until a 1.4.3 Debian
> package is out, don't have too much time to spend for this.

Well, yes.  Depending on how your kernel was built, 1.4.3rc1 may not build
against newer Linux kernels; some fixes were recently done and will appear
in rc2.  In the meantime, you should be aware that having applied a patch,
you will need to run regen.sh in the top level to update the configure
script; the patch includes only source files.  I can't promise that this
will work against the abbreviated tree contained in openafs-kernel-source.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer