[OpenAFS-devel] Please add configure option to switch off the system call table patching in Linux

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:33:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Jakub Witkowski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can you please add a configure switch to #ifdef out the syscall table
> patching mechanism, especially the writable check and actual write
> functions?

If you send it I promise we'll get it in 1.4.5, better yet:

> Syscall patching does not work in both Xen and KVM enabled kernels and I
> expect that it will become increasingly dysfunctional as new kernel
> releases will add more virtualization-centric changes.

If you can have configure look at the CONFIG_XEN or whatever in the
kernels its being built against and explicitly disable itself in those
cases (reverse the sense of the test) even better.