[OpenAFS-devel] IP address change monitoring?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:08:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Jim Rees wrote:
>
> > I discard all my callbacks and rx connections on suspend.  That works 99% of
> > the time, because at least on my laptop, address changes tend to happen when
> > I suspend in one location then resume in another.

That would certainly be an improvement, but we do also need to change the
set of addresses we report to the fileserver.

It occurs to me that even on platforms with no special notification
mechanism, we ought to be able to have a daemon that wakes up once in a
while, scans the set of interfaces, and updates the CM.  Certainly things
like DNS servers do this.