[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] 1.5.19 build fails on SunOS 5.11 snv62 SPARC

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:20:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Dale Ghent wrote:

> I took a closer look at this today. It seems that the only reasonable way
> around this is to not do the interface probing/sorting in the kernel module
> and instead do it in userspace via ADVISEADDR from afsd. We are, after all,
> touching private stuff in the kernel to get the interfaces.

Well, that's not horrible.

We do it that way on MacOS... is there any way to get notification of
address changes from the kernel on Solaris, so we can update the
interfaces real-time there like we do on MacOS?