[OpenAFS-devel] openafs rxk5 - token update

Marcus Watts mdw@umich.edu
Tue, 06 Mar 2007 02:11:17 -0500

This is just an update on where things are going with rxk5.

I've got a revised token interface.   This uses xdr similarly to the
previous code, but has a counted octet array thing going that is more
or less similar to rxgk-client-integration .  This won't solve the
"multiple tokens / 1 cell" thing (which isn't solved in
rxgk-client-integration either) but it does solve the pioctl doesn't
set the output length problem and it provides a cleaner mechanism for
future extensibility (because things other than tokens can be
represented as counted octet strings too.)

Matt is currently working on getting the revised token interface to
work with windows.  Shouldn't be any big deal.

rxgk-server-integration contains text on 'RXS_GetAuthData', which seems
to be the thing in the main repository "rxk5" branch that I didn't
understand.  Depending on time, I hope to make a more complete effort
to incorporate this change.

I'm currently working on getting libadmin & libjuafs to do interesting
things with rxk5.  I'm not sure just how far I'll get; libadmin really
likes to think it can talk to kaserver, and I'm not sure how far wired
k4 & kaserver are into libjafs yet.  More importantly I don't know if I
have a good enough java environment to actually run this.  (I plan to
use debian on x86-64 for this.)  For what it's worth, I already have
some documentation updates to the stuff that goes with jafs.
Is there any notable application out there that uses
libuafs/libjafs/libadmin ?

I'm not quite sure where we stand on pioctl #'s.  If we've got
a block of 4 numbers to use in coordinated space, I'll use those,
otherwise I'll devise something else.

					-Marcus