[OpenAFS-devel] Openafs Cell Backup

Deon George deon@wurley.net
Wed, 07 Mar 2007 10:19:09 +1100

Chechu wrote:
> We are trying TSM (IBM tivoli satorage manager). What do the openafs users
> use to make back up from openafs cell?

Checku, I also use TSM to backup my cells.

The disadvantage with my current setup, is you cant backup ACLs - as I
backup the /afs tree as it it were a regular file system.

It would be great if there was a AFS aware TSM client - (especially if
they included the client in the openafs source - that called the TSM
API). If I knew anything about coding in C/C++ I'd have a go at it, but
its beyond my skills.

Touch wood, I havent had a cell failure, and I've only ever needed to
restore individual files...

...deon