[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris 10 - 1.4.3rc3 kernel modules build issues

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:30:19 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> Only the code after the comment is new.  The code before it is correct - on
> AFS_LINUX24_ENV, we use OFFSET_MAX; on other platforms we use 0x7fffffff
> always, and, on 64-bit-kernel platforms, _also_ LONG_MAX
> (0x7fffffffffffffff).  This has nothing whatsoever to do with the Java
> issue; it is simply detecting cases where user-land or the OS depicts a
> whole-file lock using the maximum possible offset instead of 0.  It's also
> not new.

If I am following this correctly wouldnt it be more concise to write:

if (af->l_len != 0)
{
af->l_len = 0;
}

The only reason I see to leave it the way it is, is for byte range locking
which isn't being done anyway. If the precursary code in for it is left
in, shouldn't it be ifdef'd out for "BYTE_RANGE_LOCKING_SINGLE_CLIENT" as
a configure "experimental" option?

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University