[OpenAFS-devel] AF_INET byte order

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:55:38 -0400

On Tuesday, March 13, 2007 10:30:21 AM -0400 chas williams - CONTRACTOR
<chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

> In message <20070313142436.GA11301@citi.umich.edu>,Jim Rees writes:
>> I agree, and in fact have already made the fix in cvs.  But I've been
>> around long enough to be skeptical of any fix that has not been tested,
>> no matter how obviously correct it is.
>
> if your fix is to remove the htons(), that is wrong.  you should just
> remove the reference to sin_family.  people get the impression that
> sin_family is actually used if you set it.

On the contrary, it should be set, and correctly, because despite the fact
that the _implementation_ currently doesn't use it, the family is still
part of the interface.  It almost certainly will be used in the future,
when we have support for multiple address families.

-- Jeff