[OpenAFS-devel] bos listusers NPERLINE

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:57:28 -0400

--On Monday, March 19, 2007 03:22:13 PM +0100 Harald Barth
<haba@pdc.kth.se> wrote:

> So anyone against deleting this "feature" better come with a good
> argument which I can't smash with "you should use awk for that".

IIRC, some vi's have a line length limit.
I can't use awk to interactively edit the file.

I'd actually argue that if we change this, it should be the other way, and
each identity should be on its own line.

While the code that's there is arbitrary, why should it be changed at all?
any UserList utilities anyone writes has to accept the presence of both
spaces and newlines as separators due to all the existing files out there...