[OpenAFS-devel] AFS + Object Storage

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 07 May 2007 19:13:05 -0400

On Monday, May 07, 2007 07:00:25 PM -0400 Derrick J Brashear
<shadow@dementia.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 May 2007, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
>
>> I suspect this is going to be way too big a change for 1.4.x.  It might
>> be  reasonable to integrate this into 1.5, but you really want to
>> prepare patches  (using diff -ru) against the head.  Patches are much
>> easier to read and  review than is a modified source tree, and it is
>> less likely that a  gatekeeper will screw up when applying your patch
>> than that he will do so  when trying to manually port your changes,
>> especially if they are large.
>
> I was going to diff it out and forward-port it, but, i haven't had time.
> and honestly i don't know when i will, which is a shame.

Yeah, see, I'd rather that was done by someone who is familiar with the
changes and who is not you -- there is already way to much contention for
your time.  Also, I would like to see a diff someplace that members of this
mailing list can review and comment on it _before_ it gets committed.

-- Jeff