[OpenAFS-devel] Which delta corresponds to 1.5.18?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 10 May 2007 17:13:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 May 2007, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 04:41:39PM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 May 2007, Jim Rees wrote:
>>
>>> Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>>>
>>> openafs-devel-1_5_18
>>>
>>> He didn't ask for the tag, he asked how to find out the tag.  There are
>>> probably easier ways but I do this:
>>
>> no, he asked about a delta, which is entirely orthogonal :)
>>
>>> cvs log -h Makefile.in
>>
>> 1.4 releases will always be
>> openafs-stable-1_4_(whatever) and
>> 1.5 will always be
>> openafs-devel-1_5_(whatever)
>>
>> so you can find it out by following the rule.
>
> Sure, but how do I find out what the delta name is that corresponds to
> openafs-devel-1_5_18

you don't. no delta contains the entire source for a release or even all
the patches since the last one. nor is the delta that updates the version
strings necessarily the last delta that went in before tagging.

you need to look at the cvs tag. there's no other answer.