[OpenAFS-devel] YDL 5.0.2... it gets weirder

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 09 Nov 2007 10:07:33 -0800

"Derrick Brashear" <shadow@gmail.com> writes:

> things other than the kernel for which speed matters.

> um

> vos?

In order to get the PAM modules working, I believe you have to build most
of the underlying support libraries PIC (rx, util, auth, etc.), which
means that code ends up in all the servers as well.

I don't know if there's any real impact, but that's the reason why I did
something complicated in the Debian packages to build separate PIC objects
for the PAM modules rather than just building all of OpenAFS PIC on Debian
to get working modules.