[OpenAFS-devel] getcwd() on Linux 2.6.18+OpenAFS 1.4.2 bugs/errors.

Michael Loftis mloftis@wgops.com
Fri, 09 Nov 2007 17:46:15 -0700

--On November 9, 2007 9:50:30 AM -0500 Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu> wrote:

> Kolya's suggestion was to allocate different vnodes each time a mount
> point is looked up from a new parent.  Presumably the vcache would have a
> list of parent vcaches and corresponding vnodes.  That would violate one
> of the fundamental assumptions of the vnode layer, that identical objects
> have the same vnode.  But since we're only talking about directories,
> maybe it would work.

AH! i think i see now part of what you're getting at...after brainstorming
for a while....the case/cases of mounts-in-mounts and everything inbetween
those...I see that now, I was too focused on the two elements that were
directly in front of me...i guess...then...hmmm.

the behavior gets more difficult i see now.  because the children always
need a different reference information to the kernel so the proper return
path can always be established in the case of nested mounting when you
start to look beyond just the single depth mounts i got focused on.