[OpenAFS-devel] openafs-1.4.4 panic Solaris 10 U4

Fletcher Cocquyt fcocquyt@stanford.edu
Thu, 11 Oct 2007 17:14:01 +0000 (UTC)

I downloaded the prebuilt openafs 1.4.4 so I would not need to compile it - then
found out I needed to compile it for aklog (due to krb indepedence)
So I got the devel 1.5.25 and compiled it up (after downloading Sun Studio 12) -
yet another side path on my openafs saga.

Anyway I got the module to load (the 1.4.4 one (the 1.5.25 src did not seem to
build a libafs64.nonfs.so (why not!? - another issue))

So the current issue - on /etc/init.d/afs start I get a warning:
/etc/init.d/afs start

Entry for afs already exists in /etc/name_to_sysnum

Starting afsd

afsd: WARNING: Cache dir check failed (mounting a multi-use partition which
contains the AFS cache with the

"logging" option may deadlock your system.

)

then a panic

I read the previous thread about a Solaris 10 U4 patch in review - should I
apply that to the 1.5.25 source?

But how do I get it to build the libafs64.nonfs.so ?
Or does that matter? (the afsd build fine in 1.5.25)

thanks