[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] file timestamp difference

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:31:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
>
> > Do you know of any situations where applications will get unhappy about
> > the timestamps of directories not agreeing?
>
> I am not. I supposed we need to perform the directory treatment to
> directories, mount points, and symlinks to directories.

We need to do it to inodes whose mode is S_IFDIR.  That includes
directories, and AFS mount points when they are presented to the VFS layer
as directories.  It does not include symlinks, which are presented to the
VFS layer as symlinks.