[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS-1.5.24/NetBSD-3.1/amd64 compile problem

Suzanna sue@real.wilbury.sk
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 22:44:56 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I've searched the archives quite a bit for this but I haven't found
anything that could solve the problem. Also, the port-netbsd list seems
to be a little dead, so I hope you can answer my question here.

I am trying to get OpenAFS-1.5.24 running on a NetBSD-3.1/amd64 system.
I have succeded in running it on a NetBSD-3.1/i386 system but porting
the whole setup to the amd64 port keeps failing. Now, I got stuck with
src/kauth/process.ss which causes the following error:

ld: lib/liblwp.a(process.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S can not be used \
when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
lib/liblwp.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

According to the amd64 ABI, PIC should always be possible but somehow I
see no way of compiling this file as PIC compatible. Applying the
suggested change from
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-devel/2006-February/013539.html
led to no change in the compiler output.

Is there any way to solve or circumvent the problem? According to some
list comments, lwp should not be necessary if pthreads are available.
NetBSD-3.1 should offer pthread support but somehow lwp keeps being
compiled.

I would be glad to receive any suggestions or help.

Thanks in advance