[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS-1.5.24/NetBSD-3.1/amd64 compile problem

Suzanna sue@real.wilbury.sk
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 00:29:53 +0200 (CEST)

> Why the 1.5 branch?  It doesn't look like amd64 support was merged.

Trying to be up to date. I wasn't aware of the missing amd64 code.

> Are you using process.amd64.s?  What happens when you add -fPIC to
> the compile options?

I am. Adding -fPIC doesn't change anything as it is not passed to
as(1). Apparently, as(1) has no options to force the creation of
PIC compatible code. Adding it to cc -E before doesn't change
anything, either.

The error occurs when pam_afs.so.1 is linked... I was wondering about
linking a lib.a into a lib.so, anyway.