[OpenAFS-devel] AIX 6.1 support - anyone working on it?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:16:22 -0400

--On Monday, August 25, 2008 10:50:46 AM +0200 Niklas Edmundsson
<Niklas.Edmundsson@hpc2n.umu.se> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:
>
>> Is anyone working on openafs-support for AIX6? I've seen that there is
>> support for it in IBM AFS now, but I've seen nothing for openafs.
>>
>> I suspect that getting basic support for AIX6 is just a matter of fixing
>> the  build system, however I have no clue on what's needed for WPAR
>> (workload  partitions) support and other new acronyms that's crept into
>> AIX6. I don't  need the fancy stuff though, so if anyone has anything
>> that improves the  situation I'm interested :)
>
> Noone seemed to be doing anything, so I dove right in.
>
> I can now read from AFS, it was mostly build system issues with the spice
> of a stupid bug or two in the openafs sources.
>
> I'll send along a patch when I have ironed out a few details, should I
> send it to bugs@, openafs-devel@ or both?

Never both, because that turns every mailing list reply into a new ticket.
Also not to bugs@, because I don't think that goes anywhere -- the address
for submitting tickets is openafs-bugs@openafs.org.

If you believe the patch is reasonably ready for integration, I'd go ahead
and send it to openafs-bugs.  Once you get an autoreply from RT, you can
mention the ticket number here and ask people to review the patch, which
might lead to improvement and will certainly make life easier for the
gatekeepers.

-- Jeff