[OpenAFS-devel] how to set my first afs machine

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:33:49 -0500

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:08 AM, zhu shi song <zhushisongzhu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> (1) bosserver -noauth &
> (2) [root@localhost ~]# bos setcellname localhost.localdomain testafs -noauth
> bos: failed to set cell (you are not authorized for this operation)
>
> I failed on executing bos setcellname.
> There are short of details about installation of AFS.  How can I set my first afs machine step by step?

I've found that the most reliable instructions are found in the Quick
Start Guide for Unix:
http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/QuickStartUnix/auqbg002.htm

The instructions you have pasted should work if done in the order
specified, and if 'localhost.localdomain' resolves to your local host.
 Based on the error message, you are contacting the expected host, but
I suspect that you have another instance of bosserver running (i.e.,
one without the -noauth flag).    Also, you should check your
bosserver log and see if any clues are in there.

--
Steven Jenkins
End Point Corporation