Site Specific ACL Bits/chown: Was: [OpenAFS-devel] posix chown again

u+openafsdev-t07O@chalmers.se u+openafsdev-t07O@chalmers.se
Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:41:18 +0100

Hi Simon,

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 07:46:36AM +0000, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
> norm, this is going to be more and more important - we simply won't be
> able to build, let alone test n^2 different configuration sets.

Even worse than that! :)
I think you meant 2^n.

Otherwise I agree with all the arguments, having set up and administrated
distributed systems since 90th. Let's prevent local tweaks from coming
to existence as much as possible. The site administrators may often lack
the capability to see beyond the own cell's borders and to make appropriate
decisions.

Regars,
Rune