[OpenAFS-devel] openafs hangs on shutdown with selinux (caused by callback expiration via umount?)

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:27:21 -0800

Christopher Allen Wing <wingc@umich.edu> writes:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Jim Rees wrote:

>> What does the policy say exactly?  No network traffic during shutdown,
>> or that the traffic is being generated in the wrong context?

> The umount binary runs in a security context called 'mount_t'.  My
> understanding is that the mount_t context is being restricted from doing
> network I/O, or from doing certain types of network I/O.

The Debian init script first calls afsd -shutdown and then calls umount.
I see that the Red Hat init script in the packaging directory doesn't do
this.  I wonder if it would help.