[OpenAFS-devel] rxk5 branch is ready; please test

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:22:43 -0600

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> --On Thursday, January 03, 2008 04:15:23 PM -0600 "Douglas E. Engert"
> <deengert@anl.gov> wrote:
>
>>> # 5 __FUNCTION__
>>> Are you sure "__FILE__||"k5_get_cred"" does what you think?
>>
>> No, but it did compile :-)
>
> That's interesting, given that it evaluates to an integer which is not
> type-compatible with what's being expected there.

Its the Solaris compiler. My point was that I got past this point in the
compile, and this was in a test program. I never expected this to be the
correct solution.

> The correct way to write this is without the ||, taking advantage of the
> fact that standard C allows string literals to be concatenated by
> juxtaposition.

The correct way for AFS is it test for HAVE_FUNCTION_MACRO which configure
will set if the compiler can handle __FUNCTION__. Then again the new rxk5/servconn.c
is the only source  routines in AFS that uses __FUNCTION__ as far as I can tell.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory