[OpenAFS-devel] rxk5 branch is ready; please test

Marcus Watts mdw@spam.ifs.umich.edu
Sat, 12 Jan 2008 02:23:33 -0500

> Date:    Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:33:35 CST
> To:      Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu>
> cc:      Marcus Watts <mdw@spam.ifs.umich.edu>, openafs-devel@openafs.org
> From:    "Douglas E. Engert" <deengert@anl.gov>
> Subject: Re: [OpenAFS-devel] rxk5 branch is ready; please test
>
> Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
>
> >> There are a lot of warning too, if you want I can send them as well.
> >
> > Not to me, please; this isn't my code.  I'd suggest sending to Marcus
> > off-list, if he's ready for that sort of thing.
>
> OK, but one last note on the list about the rxk5.
>
> I got a bosserver and ptserver running this afternoon.
> They are on Solaris 10, using the Solaris 10 Kerberos,
> with Windows AD as the KDC. The bos and pts commands
> require the -k5 option, and get an afs-k5/cell@realm ticket.

I think sending output snippets to the list isn't so useful.
Putting a complete copy in afs -- together with (if possible) the
configure line, config.status, config.h etc. is useful.
Here are some actual builds I did with output, (& "everything else" too),
	/afs/umich.edu/group/itd/build/mdw/openafs/spam/openafs-rxk5
	/afs/umich.edu/user/m/d/mdw/build/openafs/sisyphus/openafs-rxk5
(the later was done on a solaris 8 box somebody "helpfully" got rid
of since).
notable files,
		,doconf -- the configure line
		,conf.out -- what configure spat back out
		config.h config.status etc. - what configure did
		errors - results of build
		(etc)
I don't care if you post a pointer to this kind of stuff on the list
or off.  If you do post off - it's possibly helpful to include at
least Derrick & Matt.

I put a fair bit of work trying to make it produce less errors
overall - but note that 1.5.x has many more function prototypes
so will produce plenty more warnings anyways for lots of archaic
constructions.

My time has gotten a bit tight recently for various reasons,
so I can't do all that I would like.

Congrats on getting ptserver/bos working!  Sounds like you're
almost there.  You'll have to get an rxk5 cache manager working
before you can run authenticated commands using rxk5 without -k5.

Oh yes -- cool thing about ptserver.  To intialize database,
stop ptserver, discard any prdb files, restart ptserver,
run "pts createu admin -localauth";
"pts adduser admin system:administrators -localauth"
on server.  No need to fiddle with bos setauth or
pt_util.

			-Marcus