[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris fixes for 1.4.x / AFS_SUN510_ENV

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:38:23 -0500

In message <CA7EB78AC81ED20338D0110E@sirius.fac.cs.cmu.edu>,Jeffrey Hutzelman w
rites:
>There's another issue here, which is that AFS's kernel threads probably
>should not be considered part of the contract under which afsd is started.
>That is certain to cause all sorts of havoc as SMF tries to kill off the
>contract if afsd should die prematurely.  I'll leave it somewhat up in the
>air whether the right place to fix this is in afsd or in the kernel code.

when i looked at this problem some time ago, i couldnt find a way to
drop an association with a contract.  i gathered that the right thing
to do would be to create a seperate and independent contract for the thread.