[OpenAFS-devel] 1.5.30a has compile errors on linux

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:00:58 -0700

Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:

> I applied the patch. Now I get the following error:

tvlserver shouldn't be built either without --enable-pthreaded-ubik and
won't be if you pull the latest from DEVEL15.  I fixed a few more bugs
last night.

However, that error message also may indicate that you have a problem with
srcdir != builddir builds.  This error in particular:

> /home/maemo/afs/dpkg/1.5.50/openafs-1.5.50a/build/src/rxgen/rxgen -x -c
> -o vldbint.xdr.c ../vlserver/vldbint.xg
> sbox-arm-linux-cpp: ../vlserver/vldbint.xg: No such file or directory

is rather nonsensical.  It basically means that your make ignored VPATH.
I'm not sure why that would be; this again works fine for me and I haven't
figured out what the difference is yet.