[OpenAFS-devel] pinstall breaks fakeroot when compiling openafs for Nokia tablets

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:09:00 -0400

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Marcus Watts <mdw@umich.edu> writes:
>

>> That's a clever idea.  But in the source to fakeroot-1.9.5 it looks like
>> that's commented out -- never implemented or was removed?
>>

> I think it must do it some different way since I've never had a problem
> with this using pinstall, meaning that LD_PRELOAD is getting propagated
> somehow.  But I suppose it's possible that I'm missing some subtlety.  (I
> guess that in practice dh_fixperms would clean things up afterwards, so
> maybe I just don't notice.)

ok, this just gets weirder. According to Marius on the maemo-developer
list, pinstall should always fail because it clobbers the environment,
but it works after I switch to the CHINOOK_ARMEL scratchbox target. It
breaks when I switch back to the DIABLO_ARMEL target.

ideas?

Thanks,
Jason