[OpenAFS-devel] question about building from CVS..

Coy Hile coy.hile@coyhile.com
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 22:02:25 -0400 (EDT)

I'm getting errors attempting to build 1.4.6 against Solaris Express snv_84.
(I believe some work had recently been done on the VFS layer in Solaris?)

Running regen.sh, I get the following:

Updating configuration...
Running aclocal
Running autoconf
Running autoconf for configure-libafs
Running autoheader
autoheader: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
autoheader: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
autoheader: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
autoheader: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows one to define a template without
autoheader: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
autoheader: 		[Define if a function `main' is needed.])
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
autoheader: WARNING: documentation.

Are those warning innocuous?  If others are interested, I can follow up
with the actual issues I was having against 1.4.6.

--
Coy Hile
coy.hile@coyhile.com