[OpenAFS-devel] library linking vs command output parsing

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 13:39:38 -0400

Steven Jenkins wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Jason Edgecombe
> <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:
>
>>  oh goody. I think I'll start with command parsing and move to library
>>  linking if needed.
>>

> Some pretty good places to start are
>
> * Perl AFS::Command API (for command parsing),
> * Perl AFS API (that does linking instead), and
> * Perl AFS-Monitoring (which also does linking).
>
> All of those are on CPAN.  (I  realize you want Python, but those are
> useful places to start from).
>
> I would be very interested in following any progress you make on
> providing decent APIs in Python.

Just an FYI. I realized that my scope was too large. I'm looking more
for an interface to kinit/aklog. I'll look into krb5-auth-dialog and
gnome-kerberos along with writing a python gnome applet.

Jason