[OpenAFS-devel] Openafs on Sparc64 Linux 2.6?

Dean Anderson dean@av8.com
Thu, 1 May 2008 21:48:02 -0400 (EDT)

Folks,

I see there is a param.sparc64_linux26.h file, but I am wondering just
how people building openafs on, say, aurora or ubuntu.

On aurora (haven't yet checked ubuntu), one can't build 64 bit userspace
binaries. (well, not out of the box, and not without getting 64bit
libs).  On my sparc64 linux 2.4 boxes, I previously just built userspace
rpms for sparc, and then build the kernel module by hand. This worked
pretty good.

So, what are people doing to build openafs on sparc64 linux 2.6?  Are
people really building 64bit userspace?  Are you building on aurora?

It doesn't look like they are building rpms for sparc linux of any
flavor, since the distributed spec file is exclusive to %{ix86} x86_64
ia64

Thanks,

		--Dean

617 344 9000