[OpenAFS-devel] Openafs on Sparc64 Linux 2.6?

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 1 May 2008 22:46:19 -0400

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
>  I see there is a param.sparc64_linux26.h file, but I am wondering just
>  how people building openafs on, say, aurora or ubuntu.
>
>  On aurora (haven't yet checked ubuntu), one can't build 64 bit userspace
>  binaries. (well, not out of the box, and not without getting 64bit
>  libs).  On my sparc64 linux 2.4 boxes, I previously just built userspace
>  rpms for sparc, and then build the kernel module by hand. This worked
>  pretty good.
>
>  So, what are people doing to build openafs on sparc64 linux 2.6?  Are
>  people really building 64bit userspace?  Are you building on aurora?
>
>  It doesn't look like they are building rpms for sparc linux of any
>  flavor, since the distributed spec file is exclusive to %{ix86} x86_64
>  ia64

The userspace isn't 64 bit safe. The distributed specfile will
probably only work with Fedora, RHEL and maybe SLES (and I know in
1.4.6 I built s390x RPMs from it, but we probably changed enough since
then that more needs to be done.)

Debian is certainly building on more systems, including sparc64, but
again, only kernel module.