[OpenAFS-devel] Some tests and questions about fs setquota

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:07:13 -0500

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR)
<chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
> In message <4929C87A.9080200@rampaginggeek.com>,Jason Edgecombe writes:
>>If we want to allow a negative quota to disable all writes, then I
>>propose that we only allow -1. Then again, 1 is almost as effective
>>assuming that the volume has a few files in it.
>
> if you choose to go this route, then you will have a complete range of
> negative quotas and cut the quota range in half.  using a single bit from
> the value range is wasteful -- there is no reason for quota to be signed.

Agreed. A quota of 1 should be fine for "no write": the directory
object in an empty volume should be that big.

I suppose I should try this.

--
Derrick