[OpenAFS-devel] Problems with 1.4.8pre2 on Fedora 8

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:43:31 +0200 (CEST)

> I suppose these "Connection timed out" events must have to do with
> new code in afs_analyze.c and rx.c. Looking in afs_analyze.c at the
> new routine afs_BlackListOnce I do not understand the followning
> lines:
>
>                  if (tvp->serverHost[i] &&
>                      !(tvp->serverHost[i]->addr->sa_flags &
>                        SRVR_ISDOWN)) {
>                      areq->skipserver[i] = 1;
>                  }
>

> I think the "!" is wrong. Why should we skip a server which is not down and use a server which is down?

I applied the patch
http://www.openafs.org/cgi-bin/wdelta/cachemgr-blacklist-down-servers-20081010?diff=1&f=u

But still no cigar :( How are your results?

$ ./sob -n 30000 -o 1000 -s 1k -b 1k -w
Writing 30000 files of size 0.001MB, blocksize 1kB
Failed to create file testfile.12344 : Connection timed out
[Exit 1 ]
$ /usr/openafs/sbin/rxdebug localhost 7001 -v
Trying 127.0.0.1 (port 7001):
AFS version:  OpenAFS 1.4.8pre2-pdc51 built  2008-10-14

:( :( What is the logic beind the BlackListOnce()?

http://www.openafs.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/openafs/src/afs/afs_analyze.c.diff?r1=1.25&r2=1.31

And I think I want logging of servers marked up/down to syslog in the
usual way before I want this near production.

Been staring too long at at the diff now.

Harald.