[OpenAFS-devel] Problems with 1.4.8pre2 on Fedora 8

Alf Wachsmann alfw@slac.stanford.edu
Mon, 20 Oct 2008 01:57:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008, Marc Dionne wrote:
> So I managed to reproduce this here, and after much instrumenting and
> tracing, I think that the problem is that the "areq" structure is not
> always properly initialized in afs_Conn() when we test, among other
> things, for skipserver = 1.  In fact about 20% of the time, skipserver and
> other fields (idleError, tokenError) look completely bogus.
>
> According to comments in the code, areq->initd should be 1 for most of the
> fields in that structure to be meaningful; traces show that when initd is 1,
> the fields are indeed properly initialized.
>
> Attached patch checks for initrd==1 before relying on skipserver - fixes the
> problem for me - could you guys give it a try?

It's only been one hour so far but OpenAFS-1.4.8pre2 with your patch
seems to work on my Fedora 8 machine!

Many thanks,
                   Alf.

   Alf Wachsmann                       | e-mail: alfw@slac.stanford.edu
   SLAC - Scientific Computing         | Phone:  +1-650-926-4802
   2575 Sand Hill Road, M/S 97         | FAX:    +1-650-926-3329
   Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA           | Office: Bldg. 50/323
                 http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~alfw (PGP)