[OpenAFS-devel] Problems with 1.4.8pre2 on Fedora 8

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:54:12 -0400

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Marc Dionne <marc.c.dionne@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> wrote:
>> I think you have good eyes. I argued in jabber to initialize ALL
>> variables in the struct in InitReq() to zero as they might or might
>> not be used in the future. And you showed that two of them (idleError
>> tokenError) are dereferenced, but I imagine Derrick arguing that it
>> does not matter in the codepath in question....
>>
>> So I am for a)
>>

> Derrick commited a subset of a) - initializing the 2 fields in InitReq.

Sorry, last reply was supposed to be public. :\

Basically, those 2 fields are the only ones touched in a
nontraditional way. I'd like to fix that, too. However, the "right"
answer is probably to clear all the fields in InitReq but it should be
tested further. I know it's safe to clear those 2 fields.