[OpenAFS-devel] PAGs/tokens/threads

Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR) chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:47:45 -0400

In message <db6e3f110908070721m27328eb9y53877daa0942f9e3@mail.gmail.com>,Derric
k Brashear writes:
>> What we are discussing is not a PAG but a Thread Authentication
>> Credential which when set overrides the process credential as obtained
>> from the PAG or uid.
>
>It's not necessarily a single credential; it could also be a group.

i was thinking that it should be something like set_ag(.., CONTEXT,
...) where context is thread, session (process) or whatever.  some
operating systems will not (or currently do not) support thread context,
so you would fall back to the next highest context, like process or session.
anyway, i was just mention that we atleast need to drop the p since it
isnt a process group anymore.  ag feels stupid though.