[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] Thinking about 1.6

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:21:26 -0500

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Matt W. Benjamin <matt@linuxbox.com> wrote=
:
> Hi Simon,
>
> I would generally agree with almost all of this, except, probably removin=
g --enable-fast-restart?

In a demand attach universe, this isn't really useful anymore, and
honestly given how it works it's not something I would or have ever
encouraged adoption of. I stand by that position.

>=A0Since, as you note, there are sites which actually do rely on this, are=
 you in fact meaning to say that the option would exist, but not be mention=
ed in the usage? =A0I guess I'd also like to hear from Steven on pthreaded-=
ubik. =A0It appears that it actually isn't 100% stable, but is close, and a=
pparently it's issue(s) are difficult to provoke.

What we have in the code base definitely has bugs; Are there fixes
which have not made it back upstream?