[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Thinking about 1.6

omalleys@msu.edu omalleys@msu.edu
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:12:40 -0500

Quoting "Steven Jenkins" <steven.jenkins@gmail.com>:

> First, I think this is a *really* good idea.
>
> However, the bos configuration for the fileserver changes from
> non-DAFS to DAFS, so we need to make sure that people know that as
> part of the upgrade.  If you just replace the binaries and restart,
> you won't be happy.

Right, but if it is part of the initial 1.6 release, I think people
will quite a bit more cautious then just replacing binaries anyway
since it is a major version change then then a .x update.  There
should be some communication at the very least in the release notes.
But If you are going to do it, then 1.6 is the time to do it as long
as it is stable. :)