[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Thinking about 1.6

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:19:10 -0600

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:44:45 -0500
Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> I would prefer that services not change their configurations without
> my explicit consent. That said, I think that refusing to start with
> an invalid config and printing the correct one to the console and the
> logs is a good idea.

Well, that's the problem. A valid 1.4 BosConfig is still a valid
BosConfig with a DAFS-enabled bosserver, it's just not what most people
will want. So, I don't think we can error out with a message saying how
to change it, since it's conceivable someone will want that
configuration. So, we could just print out a warning, basically saying
"if things don't work, here's probably why". Or I suppose we could have
a new bosserver flag that forces allowing the uncommon config.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net