[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] Re: Re: Thinking about 1.6

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:17:43 -0600

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:09:07 -0500
"Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR)" <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

> In message <4B2A4EF1.1060004@inbox.com>,Chaz Chandler writes:
> >I think you could argue that from a business perspective, but let's
> >not pull the rug out from under it prematurely.  It's working great
> >now. Derrick and others just completed a good bit of work in 1.5 to
> >allow it
>
> fine.  but that doesnt mean it needs to be supported beyond that
> release. if you want to continue to run irix 6.5 you will be stuck on
> an older release of openafs (that will be bug fixes perhaps but not
> new features).

Is there anything problematic about keeping around irix support? Keeping
another platform around in general is always at least a little bit of
work, but I'm not aware of any changes that we want to make but are
being held back by supporting irix...

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net