[OpenAFS-devel] interface for vos split

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 08 Jan 2009 11:05:46 -0800

Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> writes:

> Or relative directory names could actually be taken as relative to the
> volume root (unless they start with ./ or ../).  This is relatively easy,
> if you are running 1.5.5 or newer with dynroot turned on (or, on Linux,
> even without dynroot turned on) -- just look at

That too is going to be pretty confusing to people who are used to the
other AFS commands, where relative path names are relative to your current
directory.  I can see someone cd'ing a few directories deep into a volume
and then running vos split on some directory there and being very confused
when that doesn't work.