[OpenAFS-devel] release-team@openafs.org

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:34:31 -0500

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Jason Edgecombe
<jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> My personal end-goal is to have a process that tests linux daily from
> CVS and test windows whenever a intermediate build is made, but until
> that time, 2-4 days advance notice of a release would give some testers
> a chance to try to break things. just a thought. Ideally, automatic
> testing should test daily, but until then, maybe this would help?

Mike Meffie at Sine Nomine has made great progress in getting regular
builds + tests set up for OpenAFS Unix builds on several platforms,
leveraging tinderbox.  His suite has been running regularly for about
a year now, if I recall correctly).  I believe there were some issues
early on with respect to CVS (e.g., too many concurrent checkouts
interfering with commits), but those may have been resolved at this
point.

I'm sure Mike would welcome help in improving the set of tests run.

I don't know if anyone has a setup of Windows tests, but that would be
something good to document and share out with other testers.

--
Steven Jenkins
End Point Corporation