[OpenAFS-devel] Linux cache manager throwing away callbacks

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:57:19 -0500

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR)
<chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
> In message <85CEAA68-194D-48A0-8289-E21F5FD3C521@inf.ed.ac.uk>,Simon Wilkinson
> writes:
>>Yes, the patch removes put_inode completely. But it also makes
>>denty_iput call afs_InactiveVCache unconditionally (previously, it
>>only called it when CUnlinked was set).
>
> afs_InactiveVCache() already has a conditional check for CUnlinked so
> i didnt think it was helpful to check twice.

But the call to clear e.g. CDirty and InvalidateAllSegments() happens
outside that check, which I'm pretty sure at best can cause us to need
to revalidate that our data is current and at worst will discard
unwritten data.

Derrick