[OpenAFS-devel] [FYI] Review of http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Projects/Disable_DES ending February 13, 2009

Sam Hartman hartmans@mit.edu
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:38:27 -0500

--=-=-=

Folks, I wanted to draw the attention of the AFS development community to a proposal under review
within the MIT Kerberos development community.
Comments on this proposal should be sent to krbdev@mit.edu.

The basic goal is to remove single DES from MIT Kerberos.  That makes
sense for security reasons.  It also makes using AFS rather difficult.
There are a lot of different things it could mean to disable DES, some
of them requiring more twiddling to deal with AFS than others.  I
think it would be great to make sure AFS developers are involved in
the discussion to help balance the security vs usability tradeoff.

--=-=-=

--==-=-=