[OpenAFS-devel] warnings fix

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:21:02 -0700

"Matt W. Benjamin" <matt@linuxbox.com> writes:

> I appreciate it that you're giving some consideration the issue (of
> out-of-tree maintenance cost).  I have felt this pain a lot over the
> last few months, and, with rxk5, it's been a multi-year process...

Definitely our priority is to merge as much that's lingered out of tree as
we can.  The turnaround time for patch review in Gerrit is very fast, and
we're going to try to keep it that way.

Anyone who has out-of-tree changes, please try to get anything trivial or
small or simple into the tree as soon as you have time, even if you're
still working on how to break down the larger functionality changes.
Warning fixes, infrastructure bits, that sort of thing we can review very
fast and it's one less merge conflict you have to worry about later.