[OpenAFS-devel] Gerrit upgrade

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 22:39:11 +0100

Gerrit's upstream is following a pretty aggressive development cycle,
and so we don't get left behind, I would like to mirror this with
OpenAFS's instance (besides, it's handled over a hundred patches in
little more than a week, so it's probably feeling tired :)

So, I intend upgrading gerrit to 2.0.16 this Friday morning at around
09:00 UTC. If all goes according to plan, the outage will only be for
a couple of minutes.

Release notes are at http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/wiki/ReleaseNotes2_0_16

The major changes for us are that the 'Patch History' setting will be
sticky, so if you're comparing a patch with an earlier version you can
easily bounce through all of the files in the site, and that Gerrit
URLs will lose the /Gerrit/ prefix.

Let me know if anyone has any problems with this.

Thanks,

Simon.