[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [AFS3-std] Quota for max. number of files per volumes

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:54:47 -0400

(moving this to openafs-devel, since it's now an implementation issue)

--On Thursday, July 23, 2009 03:40:27 PM +0200 Hartmut Reuter
<reuter@rzg.mpg.de> wrote:

> I have submitted a patch which implements handling of new tags. Could
> you please have a look on it.

I'm not sure what you did, but you seem to have ended up pushing five
separate changes rather than only one.  I'm no expert, but my guess is that
somewhere you used a pull where you wanted a rebase, and it also looks like
you made your changes in more than one commit on your branch, even though
they should probably be processed as a single change.  Hopefully Simon can
jump in here and explain how to fix it and how others can avoid the same
problem.

Simon, I'm actually expecting that it's going to be a common problem that
people do development in a series of private commits, and then want to
submit the result as a single change.  It might be useful to document how
to do this, short of using --amend on each commit on the private branch,
which essentially throws away revision history while still in development.

As for the patch itself, I'll try to give it a look later today.

-- Jeff