[AFS3-std] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] convergence of RxOSD, Extended Call Backs, Byte Range Locking, etc.

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:19:27 +0200

Matt W. Benjamin wrote:
> Missed this--this omission, particular, will indeed need to be addressed for xcb StoreData, as previously elaborated.
>
> ----- "Tom Keiser" <tkeiser@sinenomine.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 4:51 AM, Hartmut Reuter<reuter@rzg.mpg.de>
>
>> Use of storeMini to increment DV does not pass the necessary
>> byte-range invalidate information onto the callback layer.  We can't
>> use the data passed into GetOSDlocation because there's no way to
>> correlate the calls.

The simplest way to solve this problem would be to use for this purpose
a new RPC instead of doing a storeMini.

This could be Tom's End-of-I/O-RPC which should transmit the file range
the I/O was acting on.

-Hartmut
Hartmut Reuter                  e-mail 		reuter@rzg.mpg.de
			   	phone 		 +49-89-3299-1328
			   	fax   		 +49-89-3299-1301
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)   	web    http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~hwr
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)