[AFS3-std] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] convergence of RxOSD, Extended Call Backs, Byte Range Locking, etc.

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:16:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jeff,

I agree with you.  I should not have implied this.  I think some variation on the begin/end transactional style Tom elaborated is the same notion as the "reservation-based" model I have considered would be necessary to provide stronger semantics in general, but certainly also on OSDs.

Matt

--

Matt Benjamin

The Linux Box